Sunday, May 22, 2005

More thoughts on the Eloi and Morlocks

Well, I happened upon an article awhile back and it got me thinking...

Ok, I'm lying. I didn't think much of it at all actually. Not at first. For the most part I just thought that "body makeup" was another dumb trend. That is until I saw all the advertising in the subways and started to wonder, are the South Koreans becoming more and more like the Eloi?

The Eloi in H G Wells, "the Time Machine" the Eloi were a beautiful race without a care in the world. Nothing in their environment worried them and they had a singular drive in life; pleasure.

Hmmmm, maybe the "beautiful people" wore beautiful makeup?


So what does that leave the North Koreans looking like?


http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200505/200505120018.html

No comments: