Saturday, May 14, 2005

Hair length is not as big an issue as suicide.

So, last week I found myself in downtown Seoul attending (ok just watching) the high school demonstration against changes in the curriculum and pressures on students to perform. Today, I hear there is going to be another demonstration.
http://english.yna.co.kr/Engnews/20050514/610000000020050514100937E7.html
SEOUL, May 14 (Yonhap) -- South Korean high school students were to hold rallies in the country's three largest cities Saturday to protest restrictions on the length of students' hair. blah, blah, blah...
Basically they are complaining about having to have short hair.
Apparently these are ok...


While this is not...


Honestly, they had my sympathy when it comes to the stress levied on them in HS. And personally, I like more "relaxed" hair styles. But when it comes to a demonstration, I prefer mine to be a little more worthy.




No comments: